The Receptionist for Williams, Porter, Day & Neville, P.C. is the first point on contact for clients, attorneys, vendors and other visitors. Additionally, this position provides a broad range of support duties for the Firm Administrator as well as attorneys and staff.
- Greet clients, attorneys, vendors and other visitors – direct them to the appropriate person.
- Answer the telephone directing each call appropriately. This includes all voicemails left on in general voicemail box.
- Sorting incoming mail to the correct in-house mailboxes.
- Process outgoing mail with the correct postage.
- Process Conflict Checks by searching our database for potential conflicts and communicating the results of these searches appropriately.
- Forward faxes to the appropriate person(s).
- Performs word processing, photocopying, data entry and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Help open and close the office.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external individuals at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including professional phone etiquette.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Access and Word).
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Able to coordinate several projects to a successful completion with little or no supervision.
- Responds promptly to shifts in direction and priorities.
- Uses sound judgment and problem solving skills.
Works under minimal supervision. No formal supervisory responsibilities.
Communicates daily with attorneys, staff, clients, court personnel and vendors.
Must meet deadline, make decisions quickly under pressure, assume independent responsibility, be able to troubleshoot, have sound judgment and willingness to support the WPDN team.
Office hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to operate the following equipment: personal computer, telephone and copier/scanner.
Applying for the Position:
To be considered for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to Jennifer Thayer at email@example.com. The subject line in your email should read “Receptionist Position.”